Tuesday 7 July 2015

My Favourite Game of Thrones Characters (Season 4) SPOILERS

Those who know me, know I am utterly obsessed with Game of Thrones. I'm currently up to season four, so thought I would share a few of my favourite characters and what I like about them. There are loads of really interesting characters (and some utter arseholes) in Game of Thrones, so here are my top five favourite characters! WITH SPOILERS!

5. Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion is awesome, and Peter Dinklage does a wonderful job of portraying him. Despite being a Lannister, he's not as inherently evil as his father, nephew and sister (and Jaime has his moments.) In season four he's accused of murdering Joffrey, and held prisoner before being brought in front of the King's Court including Cersei and Tywin. (I haven't got as far as hearing the results of his trial yet!)
So far he's proved himself as being kind and caring, the way he looked after Sansa following Catelyn and Robb's deaths, despite them both not wanting to marry each other. He was always the first person to tell Joffrey he was being an arsehole...

4. Daenerys Targaryen
Daenerys is a fierce teenage queen who has been travelling across the East freeing slaves with her army of Dothraki, Unsullied and her three dragons. She's already lost her husband and son, and is on her way to Westeros to claim her rightful place on the Iron Throne after building up a big enough army to cross the narrow sea. I love Daenerys because she transformed from being a timid young girl controlled by her brother, to being a kick-ass Khaleesi with an army ten-thousand strong following her.  She knows what she wants and what is rightfully hers, it's just taking her a long time to get there.... (four series on and she's still not crossed the narrow sea)
3. Jon Snow
I love Jon Snow. I actually adore him. He's beautiful, he's noble, he cares about the family that never really truly accepted him. He struggled having to accept that Catelyn never loved him, and his bastard label makes life pretty tough for him. He had to travel with the wildlings to learn their plan of attack, and ended up falling in love with a wildling girl. And now he must lead the defence of Castle Black...

2. Theon Greyjoy (Reek)
I hated Theon at first. And I mean I literally hated him. When Ramsey Snow first captured him I felt he had it coming for sacking Winterfell, but then everything took a very dark turn and I feel so sorry for him. He has been castrated, and has become Ramsey's slave, a completely broken man now. His father even gets sent his severed penis and does nothing about it... Alfie Allen needs to win all the awards for his portrayal of Reek, and I mean that. It's so powerful to watch. The scene where his sister comes to rescue him was just too hard to watch...
1. Sansa Stark
My favourite Game of Thrones character from season four (and probably seasons two and three as well, with her father being my favourite from the first season - I just love Starks...) and she will probably continue to be my favourite for the next seasons. She's beautiful and she's strong, and she has the same loyalty that all of the Starks have. She was made to be engaged to Joffrey, and even after he wrongly killed her father she was still loyal to him even though it killed her to be. Now Joffrey's dead she's free to leave Kings Landing, and is whisked away by creepy Littlefinger to her crazy-arse Aunt and cousin in the Eerie. I know that Sansa will do some seriously awesome things in the next season, and I'm hoping that she gets some revenge on the Lannisters (an Arya-Sansa kill squad would be perfect.)

Once I catch up with season five I will do my favourite characters from that season too! They might change. I'm hoping we get introduced to some cool new ones or maybe some minor characters get a change in the spotlight. 

Thanks for reading! 



0 replies:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Emily Rose